We are moving even closer now to self-grown organic veggies, meats, and eggs, year round!
This spring we are getting a slow start with planting for at least two reasons:
- I have not been too inspired to do the deck container gardening, I cant really say why, I just cant.
- We are finally getting our backyard “reformatted” so that we can build the beginning of our self-sufficiency gardens.
What I mean by that is that we will be building/installing/configuring:
- A high efficiency biomass electrical generator
- Raised beds (and later greenhouses) that will be 4 season, with the use of circulating heated hydrolics run off the excess heat from the biomass generator
- Aquaculture pools that also will be 4 season, warmed in the winter by pipes from the generator
- A heated chicken house so that we can have chickens that dont freeze half to death
I am going to use this static page as a home for photos and updates on this project. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to drop me a note via the contact form.
Check back often because this will be a fast moving project, with chicken-cams and aqua-cams, perhaps.
The backyard is where a lot of the action will be.
This is what it looked like before we got started.